Job Title: Product Manager II
Are you ready to help reimagine business solutions for the retail industry? Are you ready to join the fast-paced, high-growth markets of mobile technology, e-commerce, omni-channel retailing, and analytics – on premise or in the cloud? Retail and commerce are undergoing revolutionary change and companies are ready to move beyond their legacy applications to new technologies that are all about engaging and interacting with consumers – driving faster time to value and building lasting loyalty. Join the team that is driving the industry’s fastest growing and most widely available end-to-end retail & commerce solutions. We are helping global leaders connect to their customers without compromise and deliver the amazing experiences that make customers happy. Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is being touted by press and analysts as a game changer in the retail business solutions industry. We want to harness your expertise and drive to accelerate this momentum!
The Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions team is looking for a dynamic industry leader to help accelerate our business even further. You will engage on the launch of new releases; build and execute go-to-market plans; recommend and execute strategic partnerships; collaborate with engineering and marketing teams within Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions; help build relationships with strategic global customers; and deliver thought leadership in engagements with press & analysts – all with compelling messaging and value props that redefine how retail companies engage with their customers and optimize and connect their operations. Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions Product Managers play a key role in landing the retail strategy and work closely with the Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions leadership team to expand the market opportunity and scale of the business. This individual will deliver results through their knowledge of the retail industry, our strategy, and the competitive global landscape.
Responsibilities of the Product Manager II:
- Full P&L ownership for their solution area
- Solution strategy including key levers to positively achieve results; synchronize solution strategy with overall business strategy
- Coordinate across functional areas to achieve overall business results, including marketing, sales, services, maintenance, and finance
- Engage with product development and services program managers to drive solution roadmaps, providing business requirements in terms of functionality, costs, and solution interdependencies
- Manage and track progress against financial targets, including continuous risk assessment and mitigation
- Develop value propositions, messaging frameworks, and statements of direction
- Effective presentation (internal and client-facing) of retail market trends; Toshiba’s unique retail industry perspective, value proposition, and brand; retail solution capabilities, differentiation, and scenarios
- Drive competitive analysis and compete strategies against established players and new threats
- Develop solution go-to-market plans including opportunity analysis, pipeline analysis, market segmentation, channel readiness (where applicable) requirements, and outbound marketing requirements
- Develop solution licensing approach and map against customer requirements with an understanding of competitive/other factors impacting deal closure
- Support executive briefings and provide direct client-facing sales support for high-impact, qualified opportunities
- Support execution of strategic partnerships, customer engagements, and drive new business growth
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing/management
- Dynamic, articulate, energetic and self-starter personality with demonstrated ability to translate industry and customer insight into executable strategic vision
- Proven results-driven individual with good business acumen; ability to manage forecasts, costs, and budgets to meet strategic objectives for the business
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills in both client-facing and internal situations; can articulate industry and operational insights clearly and persuasively to all levels of executives and management, translating information to audience-appropriate levels using oral, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in analysis of market requirements; ability to map business requirements to solution roadmaps, with strong domain knowledge in the retail industry including competitive solutions, complementary solutions, consumer trends (omni-channel, mobility, social, etc.) and a deep understanding of retailer business needs
- Creative, entrepreneurial thinker who can manage risks, try new approaches, and use good judgment to build and grow the business
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to drive solutions from concept to delivery by coordinating across functional areas to plan, deliver, market, sell, and support retail industry solutions (cross-functional team leadership – current people good at explaining what is happening not making strong grounded recommendation)
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Product management experience within the retail industry
- Background in network management & understanding of selling services and maintenance
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Job number: 1368
Category: Marketing & Strategy
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States
Posted Date: October 07, 2016
Not Ready to Apply?
Join our Talent Community to receive key career updates.
View Similar Jobs
- Research Triangle Park NC
- Research Triangle Park NC