Job Title: Strategy & Business Development Executive
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking an experienced Strategy & Business Development Executive to join a premier retail industry team focused on store solutions in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Strategy & Business Development Executive will lead and work with a team of individuals that will develop tailored business strategies strategic, engage in next generation concept projects and develop thought leadership for retailers.
The Strategy & Business Development Executive must have a broad strategy creation and execution background with extensive experience working for or directly with retailers as well as defining and executing on partner strategies.
Responsibilities of the Strategy & Business Development Executive:
- Lead and/or contribute to select business strategy projects from idea to action, including in-depth market research to understand opportunity, current market positioning, competitor analysis and financial value through to developing and leading comprehensive execution plans
- Partner with Line of Business teams to develop and execute on business strategy plans
- Engage senior executives team in assessment and development of strategic direction, business models and strategic execution
- Lead market opportunity assessment and provide business insights for strategic and tactical planning
- Assist in corporate and business development functions including mergers and acquisitions, enterprise valuations, and business evaluations
- Define, assess and execute on opportunities for strategic partner relationships
- Analyze competitor strategies and financials to provide insights
- Assist in analysis and planning of synergies with Toshiba corporate
- Develop though leadership and strategic communications for presentation at internal and external briefings
- Provide consultation/mentorship in strategic planning to Toshiba organization
The role requires in depth business functional, operational, technical and financial analysis. A mix of deep retail operating knowledge from industry or consulting experience and business process orientation is desirable. Ability to work independently and manage relationships will be essential.
- 7-10 years of experience in business strategy or strategy consulting experience
- Knowledge of retail industry and store operations
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Operational, business process and financial modeling skills to determine potential value creation of strategic activities (e.g., activity-based costing, and statistical analysis)
- Strong executive-level presence and business communication skills (including strong PowerPoint presentation skills and public speaking)
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- MBA Preferred
- Experience with retail strategy, business or management consulting with process orientation
- C-level presentation experience
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowes Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Job number: 1406
Category: Marketing & Strategy
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC, United States
Posted Date: December 19, 2016
Not Ready to Apply?
Join our Talent Community to receive key career updates.
View Similar Jobs
- Research Triangle Park NC
- Research Triangle Park NC