Field Software Support Specialist
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is currently looking for a Field Software Support Specialist to join our team in Newark, NJ. The Field Software Support Specialist will serve as a primary technical point of contact and provides solution delivery, installation, configuration, and maintenance support along with product mentoring, advanced troubleshooting, and problem management. Additionally, the Field Software Support Specialist will manage challenging issues by communicating with the development team and project leadership.
Responsibilities of the Field Software Support Specialist:
- Learn the Toshiba TCxGravity solution and provide on-site support
- Maintain high customer satisfaction during solution testing, pilot and roll out
- Setting customer expectations
- Composing and implementing a plan for problem resolution
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting
- Self-sufficiency with Windows and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation
- Web application and server concepts, especially WebSphere, JBOSS, and/or WebLogic; comfort with moderate configuration and/or administration
- Exposure to XML
- Relational database concepts and tools (IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server) and basic understanding of SQL
- Scripting in Linux and/or Windows
- Use of XQuery/XPath and XSLT
- Software testing including authoring and executing test cases
- Exposure to retail concepts and/or applications
- Familiarity with Sterling Commerce
- Experience with Retail POS devices and JavaPOS
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, CVS, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Job number: 758
Category: Information Technology
Location: Newark, New Jersey, United States
Date: March 2, 2015
Not Ready to Apply?
Join our Talent Community to receive key career updates.